Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences Director of the Key Laboratory of Protein & Peptide Pharmaceuticals
1979 - 1982 B.Sc., Medical Sciences, Henan Medical University
1983 - 1989 Assistant and Associate, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1989 - 1993 M.D., Microbiology and Immunology, Heidelberg University, Germany
1994 - 1996 Post-doc, Immunology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, U.S.A
1997 - Professor, Selected for 100 Talents Program, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Dr. Yan’s research group focuses on precision cancer treatment, with emphasis on studies related to selecting new targets for tumors, finding new material for drug delivery and developing new strategies to combat cancer. Dr. Yan and her research group discovered CD146 as a novel tumor target with clinical therapeutic value, identified the ligands of CD146 for the first time, studied its role in tumor development, and developed therapeutic humanized antibodies for the treatment of liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, and colon cancer. In the process of exploring new methods of tumor diagnosis and treatment, her group also discovered that iron oxide nanoparticles possess peroxidase-like activity, which was the first ever report on intrinsic enzyme-like properties of nano-materials. Subsequently, she introduced the concept of “nanozyme” and used nano-materials as enzyme mimics to create new methods for tumor diagnosis and nanozyme-strip for rapid local detection of infectious diseases such as Ebola virus. She has also established the standard for detection nanozyme catalytic activity, and developed world’s first nanozyme product. Her discovery of nanozymes changed the general view that nanoparticles are chemically inert and opened many new applications for nanozymes as enzyme mimics in various major fields, including medicine, agriculture, food production, biotechnology, and environmental protection. Her work has been well recognized through honors such as the National Prize for Natural Science.
1. Gao L, Zhuang J, Nie L, Zhang JB, Zhang Y, Gu N, Wang TH, Feng J, Yang DL, Perrett S, Yan XY. Intrinsic peroxidase-like activity of ferromagnetic nanoparticles and application in an immunoassay. Nature Nanotechnology, 2 (9) (2007), 577-83.
2. Fan KL, Cao CQ, Pan YX, Lu D, Yang DL, Feng J, Song LN, Liang MM & Yan XY. Magnetoferritin nanoparticles for targeting and visualizing tumor tissues. Nature Nanotechnology, 7(7) (2012), 459-64.
3. Minmin Liang, Kelong Fan, Meng Zhou, Demin Duan, Jiyan Zheng, Dongling Yang, Jing Feng and Xiyun Yan*. H-ferritin-nanocaged doxorubicin nanoparticles specifically target and kill tumors with a single-dose injection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111(41) ,14900-5.
4. Zeng QQ, Li WD, Lu D, Wu ZZ, Duan HX, Luo YT, Feng J, Yang DL, Fu L and Yan XY. CD146, an epithelial-mesenchyaml transition inducer, is associated with triple-negative breast cancer. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 109 (4) (2012), 1127-32.
5. Zhongde Ye, Chunxia Zhang, Tao Tu, Min Sun, Dan Liu, Di Lu, Jing Feng, Dongling Yang, Feng Liu* & Xiyun Yan*. Wnt5a uses CD146 as a receptor to regulatecell motility and convergent extension. Nature Communications. 2013;4,2803.
6. Tao Tu, Chunxia Zhang, Huiwen Yan, Yongting Luo, Ruirui Kong, Pushuai Wen, Zhongde Ye, Jianan Chen, Jing Feng, Feng Liu, Jane Y. Wu*, Xiyun Yan*. CD146 acts as a novel receptor for netrin-1 in promoting angiogenesis and vascular development. Cell Research. 2015;25(3), 275-87.
7. Yanzhao Zhao, Minmin Liang, Xiao Li, Kelong Fan, Jie Xiao, Yanli Li, Hongcheng Shi, Fei Wang, Hak Soo Choi,* Dengfeng Cheng,* and Xiyun Yan*. Bioengineered Magnetoferritin Nanoprobes for Single-Dose Nuclear-Magnetic Resonance Tumor Imaging. ACS Nano. 2016; 10 (4), 4184–4191
8. Demin Duan, Kelong Fan, Dexi Zhang, ShuguangTan, Mifang Liang, Yang Liu, Jianlin Zhang, PanheZhang, Wei Liu, Xiangguo Qiu, Gary P. Kobinger,George Fu Gao, Xiyun Yan*. Nanozyme-strip for rapid local diagnosis of Ebola. Biosensors and Bioelectronic. 2015;74(5),134-141.
9. Yan XY, Lin Y, Yang DL, Shen Y, Yuan M, Zhang ZQ, Li PY, Xia HT, Li L, Luo DD, Liu Q, Mann K, Bader BL. A novel anti-CD146 monoclonal antibody, AA98, inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth. Blood, 102 (1) (2003), 184-91.
10. Jiang TX, Zhuang J, Duan HX, Luo YT, Zeng QQ, Fan KL, Yan HW, Lu D, Ye ZD, Hao JF, Feng J, Yang DL, Yan XY. CD146 is a co-receptor for VEGFR-2 in tumor angiogenesis. Blood, 120 (11) (2012), 2330-9.
11. Yongting Luo,#, Hongxia Duan,#, Yining Qian,#, Liqun Feng, Zhenzhen Wu, Jing Feng, Dongling Yang, Zhihai Qin, Xiyun Yan. Macrophagic CD146 promotes foam cell formation and retention during atherosclerosis. Cell Research, 2017
12. Qian Gao, Junfeng Zhang, Xiumei Wang, Ying Liu, Rongqiao He, Xingfeng Liu, Fei Wang, Jing Feng, Dongling Yang, Zhaoqing Wang, Anming Meng, and Xiyun Yan. The signalling receptor MCAM coordinates apical-basal polarity and planar cell polarity during morphogenesis. Nature Communications. 2017 Jun 7;8:15279.
13. Jianan Chen, Yongting Luo, Hui Hui, Tanxi Cai, Hongxin Huang, Fuquan Yang, Jing Feng, Jingjing Zhang, and Xiyun Yan. CD146 coordinates brain endothelial cell-pericyte communication for blood-brain barrier development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017 Sep 5; 114(36): E7622–E7631.
14. Kelong Fan, Xiaohua Jia, Meng Zhou, Kun Wang, Joao Conde, Jiuyang He, Jie Tian, Xiyun Yan. Ferritin Nanocarrier Traverses the Blood Brain Barrier and Kills Glioma. ACS Nano. 2018 Apr 4.
15. Kelong Fan, Juqun Xi, Lei Fan, Peixia Wang, Chunhua Zhu, Yan Tang, Xiangdong Xu, Minmin Liang,Bing Jiang, Xiyun Yan & Lizeng Gao. In vivo guiding nitrogen-doped carbon nanozyme for tumor catalytic therapy. Nat Commun. 2018 Apr 12;9(1):1440.
16. Bing Jiang, Demin Duan, Lizeng Gao, Mengjie Zhou, Kelong Fan, Yan Tang, Juqun Xi, Yuhai Bi, Zhou Tong, George Fu Gao, Ni Xie, Aifa Tang, Guohui Nie, Minmin Liang and Xiyun Yan. Standardized assays for determining the catalytic activity and kinetics of peroxidase-like nanozymes. Nat Protoc. 2018 Jul 2.
17. Minmin Liang# , Hui Tan#, Jun Zhou, Tao Wang, Demin Duan, Kelong Fan , Jiuyang He, Dengfeng Cheng*, Hongcheng Shi*, Hak Soo Choi*, and Xiyun Yan*. Bioengineered H-Ferritin Nanocages for Quantitative Imaging of Vulnerable Plaques in Atherosclerosis. ACS Nano. 2018 Sep 25;12(9):9300-9308.
18. Zhuobin Xu, Zhiyue Qiu, Qi Liu, Yixin Huang, Dandan Li, Xinggui Shen, Kelong Fan, Juqun Xi, Yunhao Gu, Yan Tang, Jing Jiang, Jialei Xu, Jinzhi He, Xingfa Gao, Yuan Liu, Hyun Koo, Xiyun Yan , Lizeng Gao*. Converting organosulfur compounds to inorganic polysulfides against resistant bacterial infections. Nat Commun. 2018 Sep 13;9(1):3713.
19. Bolong Xu#, Hui Wang#, Weiwei Wang#, Lizeng Gao, Shanshan Li, Xueting Pan, Hongyu Wang, Hailong Yang, Xiangqin Meng, Qiuwen Wu, Lirong Zheng, Shenming Chen, Xinghua Shi, Kelong Fan*, Xiyun Yan*, and Huiyu Liu*. Single-Atom Nanozyme for Wound Antibacterial Applications. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2019 Jan 29.
20. Hui Ding, Yanjuan Cai, Lizeng Gao, Minmin Liang, Beiping Miao, Hanwei Wu, Yang Liu, Ni Xie, Aifa Tang, Kelong Fan*, Xiyun Yan*, and Guohui Nie*. Exosome-like Nanozyme Vesicles for H2O2-Responsive Catalytic Photoacoustic Imaging of Xenograft Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. NANO LETTERS. 2019, 19, 203-209
21. Yongting Luo, Xiao Teng, Lingling Zhang, Jianan Chen, Zheng Liu, Xuehui Chen, Shuai Zhao, Sai Yang, Jing Feng* & Xiyun Yan*. Publisher Correction: CD146-HIF-1α hypoxic reprogramming drives vascular remodeling and pulmonary arterial hypertension. Nat Commun. 2019 Aug 7;10(1):3551.
22. Shuai Zhao，Hongxia Duan，Yili Yang，Xiyun Yan，Kelong Fan .Fenozyme Protects the Integrity of Blood Brain Barrier against Experimental Cerebral Malaria. NANO LETTERS.2019 (From Xiyun Yan, November 7, 2019)
Ms.Wenli Xu (徐文丽)
Ms. Puguang Li (李普光)
Ms. Yue Wang (王悦)
Ms. Jia Ji (吉佳)
Ms. Xiangyi Wang (王相宜)
© Copyright 2020 中国生物物理学会 版权所有